When most of the guests had gone, James and the formula 1 team stayed to continue the railway running session, and it wasn't long before there was a request for the two sound-equipped locos, one steam and one diesel. These were duly provided, and that's when things started to go badly wrong. First, the "Briannia" ran away, refusing to respond to any commands to stop. Then a spate of spurious derailments started. The track was examined for debris, and the computer was reset, to no avail. The investigation will continue tomorrow, but it's worth noting a few observations.
- Three locos were running simultaneously; Thomas, and sound equipped 37 and Britannia.
- Two controllers were in use, my iphone for Thomas and the Brit, and my ipad for the 37.
- A number of wood ants were run over by trains
- The rail gap between the quarry points and the viaduct straight had increased to about 2mm.
- The rails were noticeably dirty
- The removable crossover had been in place for over a month, and signs of unreliability had started a few days ago.